"Giving birth is an ecstatic jubilant adventure not available to males.

It is a woman's crowning creative experience of a lifetime." ~ Dr. John Stevenson



"The Road Less Traveled..." of Parenthood

Following your instincts instead of the crowd

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood...I took the one less traveled by and that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Thursday, January 22, 2009

New link to check out

I added this new link (over on the left under Great Links). It is a document written by doctors for the purpose of educating other doctors about the myths and truths of circumcision. Every parent of a boy and every expectant parent of a boy should read this.

The more I educate myself about common medical procedures in this country, the more I realize how uninformed and misinformed we are in this country--a country that considers itself more enlightened and educated than most of the rest of the world--when in reality we are some of the most ingorant people on the planet. I believe it stems from a medical community who is educated and funded by those with an agenda (Big Pharma with profits to make) and a gullible people who worship those misinformed doctors as though they are gods.

Do I sound angry? Well, every time I read about circumcision, I'm saddened and angered that I ignorantly consented and allowed doctors to circumcise my two oldest sons. Thank heavens I learned the truth before giving birth to my next two sons. I just wish everyone would take the time to educate themselves and stop relying on the mainstream organizations who have obvious conflicts of interest for their info!

No comments: