"Giving birth is an ecstatic jubilant adventure not available to males.

It is a woman's crowning creative experience of a lifetime." ~ Dr. John Stevenson



"The Road Less Traveled..." of Parenthood

Following your instincts instead of the crowd

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood...I took the one less traveled by and that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Sunday, January 25, 2009

More links to check out.

I added two links under "Great Links" to movie trailers I loved to watch while pregnant. I'll post them here as well in case you have a hard time finding them.

http://www.birthasweknowit.com/trailer.html

This one does have a heartbreaking scene where some uncaring doctors roughly handle a baby during a c-section. But then the contrast between that "birth" and the one where a mom calmly and peacefully gives birth in a water tank is pretty profound. I love the music in this film. I read some Amazon reviews on the film and it seems like it gets a little too new-agey for me, but the trailer is great!

http://www.orgasmicbirth.com/

Word of caution: if all you've experienced or heard of before is medicalized hospital birth--be prepared to be blown away. =) I love this film. It starts out with a few scenes that may make you blush (it's discrete though) but then goes on to show lots of great interviews with knowlegeable, qualified health professionals. It depicts the births of 11 couples. Great stuff!

No comments: