"Giving birth is an ecstatic jubilant adventure not available to males.

It is a woman's crowning creative experience of a lifetime." ~ Dr. John Stevenson



"The Road Less Traveled..." of Parenthood

Following your instincts instead of the crowd

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood...I took the one less traveled by and that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: My 3 Daughters
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


OK, so this is kind of a repeat, but the first one came out pixelated, so I just had to improve upon it. =)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thanks for the comment! Actually, your page was one of the ones that inspired me to finally write Deklan's story. Yes, it makes me want to tell birthing women to run screaming in the opposite direction, too! And if they MUST give birth in a hospital, HAVE A DOULA! I think docs know that women are totally vulnerable in labor (so strange, isn't it? To be so powerful and yet so vulnerable? That's one of the beauties of the out-of-hospital setting...you don't have someone grappling for control of YOUR experience!), and they take advantage of that. By declaring that something is necessary, they take away a woman's choice in her birth. Well, now I know. Deklan's birth taught me a lesson, I just didn't know what it was yet. Then Gavin's birth showed me what that lesson was, and helped heal my heartache from Deklan's birth. I think it was good for me to put Deklan's story down, even though it wasn't altogether a happy, triumphant birth. I'd love to read the stories of your other children's births, should you decide to write them down!

It IS nice having a follower, isn't it?!? :D It's a major ego boost!