"Giving birth is an ecstatic jubilant adventure not available to males.

It is a woman's crowning creative experience of a lifetime." ~ Dr. John Stevenson



"The Road Less Traveled..." of Parenthood

Following your instincts instead of the crowd

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood...I took the one less traveled by and that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Friday, August 1, 2008

Birth Story Junkie

I love reading birth stories (positive that is!) But it's interesting to me how the kind of birth stories that impress me have changed over these last 3 pregnancies. At first I just loved to read natural childbirth stories, then homebirth using hypnosis, and now with this last pregnancy, I only want to read about women (no matter where they are giving birth) who are so in tune with their bodies and their babies that they don't rely on outside people or machines to tell them how they're doing in labor. There are some incredible women I've read about who don't rely on numbers or other people to tell them how to give birth. They just listen to their body and their own intuition and do what it tells them. Of course, if a woman isn't healthy or is having true complications, those things may be needed. However, I'm doing everything I know how during this pregnancy to stay healthy, low risk, and totally in tune with my body. I feel great peace that everything is going to go well. =)

No comments: